PROUD TO BE
COUNTRY WALKING MAGAZINE
THEY GENUINELY WORK A TREAT
We love everything about Cumbria-based Helm Wind: their creams and lotions are hand-made, cruelty-free and committed to minimal waste. Best of all, they’re specially designed to form a barrier against harsh winds, intense sunlight and cold air. Looks great, the scents are divine, and they genuinely work a treat.
- “I had such a huge battle with my head to find the courage to ride harder tracks/conquer obstacles. So to have conquered so many mental barriers on my journey is really rewarding and is a big part of what keeps me pushing to continuously improve."
- "Leading the climb you have no assistance from the rope and the gear you set will protect you if you fall, so it is pretty nerve-racking when making difficult moves and setting the protection."
- "My results in Italy is confirmation that sometimes you just have to keep the faith that things will improve, even if you can only hobble along at a walking pace for a little while!"
- "The hardest part of the expedition was spending two days rowing in a storm going in the opposite direction. We rowed 0 nautical miles for two days when our average was 75 nautical miles a day."
- "Endurance sport gives me the chance to push myself in ways I never thought possible. There are life lessons to be taken from sport- resilience, patience, perseverance. I’ve found that developing these through sport gives me an edge to push harder in everyday life."